Now accepting applications for our Emerging Leaders Board!
Oregon Environmental Council is seeking the right candidates to join our Emerging Leaders Board for the Portland Metro Area. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of Oregon’s leading environmental nonprofits.
As a member of the OEC Emerging Leaders Board you will be able to promote and support the mission of OEC to advance innovative, collaborative solutions to Oregon’s environmental challenges for today and future generations.
THE OEC EMERGING LEADERS BOARD IS LOOKING FOR A DIVERSE CROSS-SECTION OF OREGON’S BRIGHTEST YOUNG PROFESSIONALS AGES 20-40 TO:
- Engage and expand OEC’s base of 20-40 year old members through marketing, social networking and public relations outreach
- Provide professional development for ELB members
- Fundraise for OEC’s programming (including networking socials, bar parties, and other events)
- Support OEC’s programmatic activities by participating in community projects based on OEC initiatives
THROUGH THIS EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY, THE OEC EMERGING LEADERS BOARD MEMBERS WILL:
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Connect and build relationships with other professionals
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two years of professional or academic experience in any sector
- Previous volunteer experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Self-motivation, ability to take initiative
- Ability to work within a team
- Commitment to the mission of OEC
- Six to ten hours a month to dedicate to OEC
If you are interested, please fill out and submit the application below by December 30th and we will get back to you. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ to apply. EOE. Any questions about the application can be sent to [email protected]