Protect kids from toxics
Take our action alert: Tell legislators to pass the Toxics Disclosure for Healthy Kids Act and help protect Oregon's kids from toxic chemicals in everyday products!
Chronic disease is on the rise. In order to protect our community’s most vulnerable—infants and children—our health officials need to know where and how kids are exposed to carcinogens, hormone disruptors and other harmful chemicals.
Good news! The Oregon House passed HB 3162, and it’s now up for a vote in the Senate.
Ask your state senators to support Toxics Disclosure for Healthy Kids.
More about HB 3162 Toxics Disclosure for Healthy Kids Act
The Act establishes a science-based list of the highest priority chemicals of concern to children’s health.
- It requires manufacturers to notify health officials when children’s products sold in Oregon contain these chemicals (like toys, jewelry and car seats)
- It authorizes the Oregon Health Authority to collect and track this data.
- It works with manufacturers to replace harmful chemicals with safer alternatives
- Download our fact sheet
Why should we care?
- Businesses, health care groups and others across the state support this bill. See a list of current endorsements.
- Parents across the state are concerned about toxics in children's products. Hear directly from them.
- OEC's emerging leaders board has created a powerful joint statement on why they support this bill. Read the statement.