Clean water supports people and play, fish and wildlife, farmers and businesses across Oregon. OEC works to protect safe sources of drinking water, healthy rivers, lakes and streams, and plentiful water resources for both wildlife and people.
Water is Oregon’s lifeblood. Our scenic rivers and wild salmon runs make our home extraordinary, irrigation water supports our diverse agricultural industry, and we all rely on safe, clean drinking water. But with mounting threats in the form of climate change, population growth, and an ever-expanding number of harmful pollutants from urban and rural sources, protecting and promoting clean and plentiful water throughout our state is our priority.
Oregon Environmental Council works to protect water across the state by:
- Preventing water pollution
- Water conservation and efficiency
- Sustainable stormwater management
- Green products and places
- Sustainable food and farms
- Comprehensive climate reduction policies
- Integrated environmental health policies
TAKE ACTION NOW: